|Return to List|
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Pool Opening Information
Posted on May 21st, 2020
Bridlewood Downs Homes Association
COVID-19 Pool Reopening Process
The Board of Directors of Bridlewood Downs Homes Association ("BDHA") will be following guidelines illustrated in the State of Kansas "Ad Astra -- A Plan to Reopen Kansas". BDHA will be moving from phase to phase as the State of Kansas and Johnson County governments allow. Members are asked to assist us in abiding by the rules set forth in the reopening document that can be located online at: https://covid.ks.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Reopen-Kansas-Framework-v6.2-5.19.20.pdf
Recently a new phase was added to the plan (Phase 1.5) which delays the transition to Phase 2. Association pools are restricted from opening in Phase 1.5 and Phase 2. We will continue to monitor the state and county reopening plans and will make adjustments accordingly. Assuming the state will be transitioning to Phase 3 as scheduled, the earliest we can open the association pool will be:
MONDAY, JUNE 8th
Reopening is subject to a number of conditions. While the maximum number allowed at the pool facility is strictly limited in the State plan, Johnson County Environmental is enforcing requirements for smaller pools with an equation to take the total amount of square footage of water divided by 36 feet (6’x6’ to allow for social distancing). Johnson County is allowing access of up to 39 people at one time.
NO MORE THAN 39 MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED AT ONE TIME
Other reopening conditions included in Phase 3 are as follows:
· Maximize social distancing practices
· Masks are encouraged
· Frequent hand washing is encouraged
We will keep the community updated on the status of the pool reopening as new information becomes available.
BDHA is implementing some measures to help promote social distance (at least in the early phases):
· Daily cleaning and sanitizing the facility (including bathrooms, door handles, chairs, deck, etc.)
· Chairs will be placed no closer than six feet apart (other stacked chairs will be available for families)
· Drinking fountains will be disconnected (bring your own water)
· Guests will not be permitted
· Parties will not be permitted
· Additional cleaning supplies and soap will be purchased for vendor and member use
· Members should consider bringing personal disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer etc.
If residents do not work together to comply with the reopening requirements, BDHA reserves the right to close the pool.
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER MEMBERS. CONSIDER OTHER FAMILIES AND LIMIT YOUR FAMILY TIME AT THE POOL. MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE. BE SAFE!